Replacement Top for 02 - Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum
BoxsterForums.com now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Porsche Boxster Porsche Boxster

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum > Porsche Boxster Discussion > Appearance / Body Modifications

Old 08-04-2009, 12:25 PM

Replacement Top for 02

I have an 02 with the plastic rear window. When I got it the window was pooched so as part of the deal the dealer sent it out to be replaced. In my mind they really butchered the install, so now I am considering replacing the entire top with the new version with a smaller glass window designed to fit the existing assembly. There are two suppliers one in California (GAHH Automotive) and one in Rhode Island (M&T Manufacturing) who both make what looks to be a "better than factory replacement" with a glass window (and rear defrost), for under $1000. Has anybody used either of these two suppliers to get a replacement top with a glass replacement. If so how good is the quality? How was the service from the supplier? Did you do the install yourself or did you have a shop install it? As I live in Canada I would have to bring one of these tops in and get it installed as I couldn't find any equivalent Canadian supplier. If anyone knows of one I would appreciate the info. Any other info on this would be most helpful.

TBK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Porsche Club Member

Did you ever find a solution to your convertible top replacement needs? I too am looking at similar options and I would like to find a rear window replacement but it looks as if I have to replace the whole top to fix the window. I just might go for a hardtop and then have the cracks fixed for when I need a quick fix. Let me know what you decide to do.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:00 AM

Boxter Fan

I have talked with a number of people and with a local dealer. They have all had good experiences with GAHH in California. I plan to order a new top from GAHH over the winter with the glass window option and get it installed when I bring the car out of storage in the spring. There was no point in getting a new top this late in the season only to have it sit in storage, as I don't drive the car in the winter. I got a number of recommendations on local places to take it to have it installed. Even though there is a tiny leak in the existing window it isn't problematic unless there is a torrential downpour. I usually don't drive it when it's raining anyways.

TBK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2009, 01:21 AM

Yeah I think its good option which can provide you some good comfort.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Porsche Club Member

List the updates PLEASE

Has anybody installed a top on their Boxster yet? My window is shot and I need a new one. I am mechanically inclined but would like your .02 as well.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Porsche Club Member

My top from GAHH came in yesterday. Stay tuned for install details. I am going to tackle this myself over the weekend. Should be good times. The install instructions are incredibly detailed and so I should be able to do this by the middle of next week.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Porsche Club Member

Top Is On

I have finished the TOP on the Boxster. Great fit. Hard job!!

If anybody would like any ideas or suggestions on doing your own install I will post information this next week. Fit is tight. Looks great with glass rear window. You wont be dissapointed if you have a new top. Car looks/feels brand new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement