Covertible Top Care - Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum
BoxsterForums.com now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Porsche Boxster Porsche Boxster

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum > Porsche Boxster Discussion > Appearance / Body Modifications

Old 05-26-2013, 04:53 PM

Covertible Top Care

Hi-

I will soon be cleaning and conditioning my canvas top on my 2009 987 Boxster. Doew anyone have a good cleaning and conditioning product that they use on the top that will not hurt it? I also want to use some sort of spray repelleant to keep it nice.

The RaggTopp line looks nice (raggtopp.com), but I wonder if there might be something better out there.

Suggestions please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 07:03 AM

I have used Raggtop for years and found it to be very good and gentle on my convertible roofs.
2008 Cayman S (Sold)
Old 06-07-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
I have used Raggtop for years and found it to be very good and gentle on my convertible roofs.
Thanks, Dawg! After further research, I'm going to go with Raggtop. It's reassuring to know that you've had a good experience with the product. I'll post findings here as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 06:19 PM

***UPDATE*** I wound up purchasing the Raggtopp kit and, after waiting for a sunny, warm day, decided to use it. Dusted off the top, rinsed with clear water from the hose, then applied the cleaner to the top. Used their horsehair brush to gently agitate away the dirt, then rinsed away the soap. The top looked great, but had to let dry in the direct sunlight for a couple of hours before applying the treatment/water repellant spray. Did so in four coats, pulling the car into the garage, applying the spray, then pulling back out to let dry in the sun for 20 minutes between each coat. The top has now "cured" in the garage for the requisite 48-hours and should be ready to go! Looks a bit darker than before the work was done (a good thing!), and I'm sure that the water will bead like crazy once hit with the hose. All-in-all, Raggtopp was easy to use, and simply took a little patience and an afternoon's worth of time to apply correctly.

Give it a try; Raggtopp.com , and buy the kit with the cleaner and protectant. The brush is sold separately.

Will update when I get it wet, though my 987 is not a daily driver and doesn't see much in the way of rain or other nasty weather.

Cheers!
Black & White CocoMats
Old 06-08-2014, 09:13 PM

Just watched a "How to" video and I am impressed with Raggtop. I have put some on my wish list.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:31 PM

In 16 years of driving rag tops I have used both Raggtopp and 303 Fabric Guard. In my opinion I prefer the 303. It is easier to apply, just one coat from the spray bottle.
Living in Florida I get plenty of rain in July, Aug, Sept. The rain beads of the top like a just waxed car. Either product will work fine.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:03 PM

I will try it. Thanks for reviving the thread. I live in FLA too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement