Have you put an Invisi-Bra on your car? - Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum
BoxsterForums.com now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Porsche Boxster Porsche Boxster

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum > Porsche Boxster Discussion > Appearance / Body Modifications

Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 AM

Have you put an Invisi-Bra on your car?

I'm debating about putting a clear plastic 3M wrap chip screen on the front of my car, mirrors and headlites. Anyone have it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2011, 10:45 AM

I used to have a cloth vinyl bra that I threw away because it caused the Mazda Miata to look like a beach burn. I am presuming that if your car already has some rock chips in the front that clear plastic would just cover over it, unless you bought some spot paint to cover the nicks down to base coat. Why don't you buy some saran warp, you know, the stuff you wrap your sandwiches in and git it a try. Just kidding. What does this stuff do in the hot sun, like 109 degrees? Is the paint effected over time?
Old 08-13-2011, 11:05 AM

I have it on the 911. Works good, so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2011, 11:23 AM

Did you have to "paint" the small nicks and boo-boos in the front or did you go right over them? Do they show, more or less? Did you try the saran warp?
Old 08-13-2011, 11:30 AM

The 911 is 2011 so it was blemish free when purchased (1247 miles) and came with it from the dealer. It is shrink wrapped to the curves, does not damage paint and has a guarantee not to yellow or peel.
Much thicker - and expensive - than saran wrap, which could work.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:08 PM

Yes. One of the best investments for your car.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:43 AM

I just put a clear wrap on the whole front end, up to the door seams of my 2010 Boxster which only had 2000 miles on it and was nick free. I had it done professionally but was not satisfied with the bumper piece and the way the installer laid it around the headlight washer units. The line was awkward and I am having him redo that bumper before I pay the bill ($900). I wanted, and stressed to the installer that the wrap must cover the whole panel and wrap around the edges, I didn't want to see any edges. For the most part he achieved this goal. I think that it will be good to have the paint protection on the car but I can't help but think I have compromised her beauty a little bit by putting on the wrap. What I would stress to others thinking of doing it would be to research the hell out of any potential installer. I did some research but mostly trusted the word of my local body shop that I know does good work. They bring in the bra installer who does the work in their shop.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:12 AM

After nearly a year with the Invisi-Bra on the 911, I can say it works well to protect the nose paint and mirrors. It is also in an area right behind the doors and collects dirt like a demon.
I did not have the Boxster wrapped. I think I'm glad about this.
I can't put my finger on what it is that bugs me about the 911. Though chips would bug me more.
Thanks for the update meter.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:58 AM

Nice option but very costly. To do my 2011 Boxster Sypder is $1,395 for full hood, fenders, front bumper and mirror's. Ouch!
2008 Cayman S (Sold)
Old 06-23-2013, 10:10 AM

I have this on my 911 C4S. It's very, very nice. I did not do it on my Boxster. As a result, I have some chips on my bumper. Now wish I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement