after market tail lights - Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum
BoxsterForums.com now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Porsche Boxster Porsche Boxster

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum > Porsche Boxster Discussion > Appearance / Body Modifications

Old 07-17-2009, 01:34 PM

after market tail lights

I just bought a 1998 Boxster and want to replace the original tail lights and side markers with clear lights. Can anybody recommend a quality set of tail lights? I like the looks of the LED lights (altezza?) but I've heard that there are some out there that are lower quality and may not fit properly and/or leak. Do I need to buy new gaskets or do the lights typically come with them?

Thanks,
Kidspam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2009, 02:57 AM

i have a 99 boxster and am wondering if i can get taillights from an 02(?) to fit? i do not like the orange blinker/reflector .... prefer to get the "smoked/clear" version... does anyone know if that is possible?
thanks!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:40 AM

After market Tail lights of very good qualities are available you can replace and give a new attractive look to your car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2009, 12:06 PM

The Altezza lights are a fine choice if you like their appearance, I would advise new gaskets as the aftermarket lights don't typically come with them. I personally used my pre-exsisting gaskets and added 270RTV silicone. I've had no problems with leaking/glazing etc. If you choose to smoke the tail lights body shops can do so with paint. If you want to go the vinyl route Ebay has plenty of vendors who supply them. Although you would need a trim shop or window tint expert to install them if you aren't auto savvy or don't have a heat gun. If you want coloured tint MyEuroLight.com has several colours, although I have no personal experience with the film. Of course you want to check your local laws regarding the amount of tint allowed, although I've had no problems with my "darker than the law" smoked lights. As for the side marker lights, I found a pair of clear Hella lights intended for a modern 911(996), these fit the my '97 Boxster perfectly and the installation took 5 minutes and required only a flat head screwdriver. Ebay and several other online vendors can supply you with these lights and I think they really add to the appearance of the car. Good luck to you.

Last edited by Wraith Werks; 12-19-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:09 AM

Hey can any one tell me about the best available brand of this for the replacement purpose.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhall009 View Post
Hey can any one tell me about the best available brand of this for the replacement purpose.
hi, you can try option racing. that is the good one.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:31 AM

good quality lights are a must!
Advertisement