wind deflector and online resources/forum - Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum
BoxsterForums.com now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Porsche Boxster Porsche Boxster

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum > Porsche Boxster Discussion > Appearance / Body Modifications

Old 05-22-2009, 12:47 AM

Smile wind deflector and online resources/forum

I purchased a left-over brand new 2008 Boxster, and I love to drive it.
A couple questions as a new porsche owner:
1. what can I expect from the wind deflector ? it's not cheap, i called some local Porsche parts stores and they quote it over $500 plus the labor to install it.
And if I decide to buy it, is there an online store for it for a lower price ? ( can it be much lower than $500 ?)
and it needs professional installation or how easy to install it at home ?

2. what/where would be good/reliable/reasonable-pricing online stores for buying bosxter accessories and maintenance parts ?
( other than the Porsche parts stores, from which the prices are very high)

3. where would be another popular/reliable online forum(s) for Boxster for learning more experiences from other Boxster owners ?
Any tips would be very appreciated.
Thanks much!
CarLover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009, 07:44 AM

Alternate wind blocker

http://www.jaysenoffwindscreens.com/

Check out this site. He makes a one piece lexan unit that goes from one side to the other for $135 US plus shipping. You may have to send him an email as it is not on the site.....I did and he sent pics. Here inCanada from Porsche the pieces are $700+taxes+installation. I think I will probably get this.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Porsche Club Member

Send a message via AIM to asenoff

I had a Senoff Wind Blocker installed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While browsing these forums (and a few others) since getting my Boxster a few weeks ago, I have been considering a wind screen. After seeing Jays ad and reading the threads about them, I decided to look into it more.

It turns out he lives about 30 miles from me! So I shot him an email and we discussed my needs - he then invited me to come up and offered to do the actual install for me if I decided to get one.

I went up today (BEAUTIFUL drive and home in the Georgia mountains) and Jay installed a full wind blocker for me.

It took only two screws in the roll bar and two small strips of padded tape to damper the minor vibration of skipping the other 2 screws (to avoid unnecessary holes).

I then proceeded to head home with the top down, side windows up and the new windscreen securely installed. It was awesome - for the first time in my car I was able to enjoy the drive without having my my head battered about the cabin by the wind.

There was no whistling, no extraneous noise and best of all I also didn’t need to have the cabin heat on 80 to enjoy the ride (it was in the high 50s but sunny today).

Anyway, I took a few pictures of the install, and after having the car cleaned tomorrow I will post them and some 'after' shots.

I just wanted to throw it out there that it's a great screen, looks nice and that Jay is an absolutely great and quite energetic almost 80 year old man who was a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks to the forums for pointing me his way.
This is a letter posted on the 986 fourm last week
Jay Senoff
404 693 4917
Sponsored Links
Advertisement