Cayman vs Boxster - Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum
BoxsterForums.com now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Porsche Boxster Porsche Boxster

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum > Porsche Owners > Porsche Cayman

Old 07-13-2011, 05:38 PM

Cayman vs Boxster

Did you know the hard top makes a Cayman more than twice as rigid as a Boxster, which results in much better handling?
Having driven both, the difference is noticeable. But the coupe cockpit feels more "closed in" than the Boxster, which looks better too ()!
I love the drop top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 04:24 AM

well i like Cayman more than Boxter because it has much better handling than boxter and also cayman is much more spacious and look better than boxter , although boxter is also a good vehicle but if we compare the two than cayman easily overtakes boxter.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:27 AM

Boxster = drop top. Unless racing this is a "win" for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 09:28 AM

Interestingly enough, a recent magazine showdown at a Virginia race course had the Boxster more than a SECOND faster around the track. Analysts also said the Boxster handled better - much to their surprise since coupes are suppose to be the bomb
Old 07-27-2012, 10:03 AM

I'm with gprace on this one. Unless you're using this as a track car, what's the point of it handling marginally better? I didn't buy this car because it would pull .98G vs .99 or whatever...I bought it because I love having a nicely equipped, stylish, quick, roadster. Probably less than 5% of the time I am pushing this car to it's lateral limits so that it might not handle quite as good as the Cayman is a non issue for me and likely 98% of the other Boxster owners on this forum. When it comes to looks, well, that's simply personal preference. I would bet that 95%+ of the Caymen owners like the Caymen more than the boxster...DUH!!! that's why they bought it in the first place. Is there really any reason to debate this? People who want a roadster are going to buy the Boxster and people who want a coupe are going to by the Cayman...end of story.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:50 AM

I have never pushed my Boxster to anywhere close to its limits. I have never tracked either of the two I owned.
As a motorcycle racer, I know the Boxster's character would change dramatically on the track. I might not even like it! There are sportbikes I love on the street and hate on the track.
But back to the point:
I find the Cayman's styling - particularly the rear roofline - a little too abrupt
Old 07-27-2012, 11:28 AM

I don't dislike the Caymen, I think it's a beautiful car...but it's not a roadster. I wanted a roadster and I've already had an S2000 so the logical upgrade for me was this car. The 370Z and Z4 were options but honestly neither of those have exactly what I am looking for in a roadster. The Boxster was the closest thing to an upgrade of my S2000 so here I am today. I'll never track my car so the fact that might not handle quite as good as the Caymen is moot in my mind. This car handles fine for what I want out of it.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:57 AM

Both interiors are almost identical to look at – featuring the same beautifully constructed cabin, with a long shallow center console inspired by the design first used by the Panamera.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:47 PM

Hi. Not sure if you are referring to the current Boxster and get 3. Older versions pre-date the Pan-America. That was the point of my original post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement