light switch problem? - Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum
BoxsterForums.com now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Porsche Boxster Porsche Boxster

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum > Porsche Boxster Discussion > Electronics, Audio & Navigation

Old 09-16-2018, 06:17 PM

light switch problem?

2000 Boxster S. This Boxster S was purchased three months ago with full records which show a light L front end collision 40K miles ago. The records do not disclose any issues with the light switch. However, the L side marker light, L taillight and L little light in L headlight cluster, do not illuminate when the parking light and/or the headlights are turned on.
When purchased, there was no fuse in the A4 position which, according to the small booklet found in the fuse box, was for the L side marker light. So, I put a 7.5 fuse in the A4 position and when I turned the parking lights on, first position on the switch, the 7.5 immediately blew. I repeated this action and blew another 7.5 fuse.
So, my Q is, how do I proceed to isolate the reason for the blown A4 fuses? Replacing parts is expensive so I need to hone in on the culprit and go from there.
All replies will be gratefully received.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2018, 07:16 AM

I know what you feel. I had approximately the same issue with my renault captur. And I also have no idea how to isolate the reason for the blown fuses. Please somebody help!
Old 04-11-2019, 11:23 AM

1999 Porsche Boxster!
Toggle switch does not activate top to close. No action at all. Fusde checked and parking brake is on. What’s else can I check?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2019, 11:11 PM

I have a problem with window wiper and headlight while engine is running. It does not work, but engine is off, it works. I'm just wondering if one of fuse is missing. I checked all fuses, and they are fine. I had lost a tail light after service. I thought it got burn out, but it was not there. Someone took it out. I own a 2001 Boxster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement