Hello All - Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum
BoxsterForums.com now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Porsche Boxster Porsche Boxster

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum > Porsche Boxster Discussion > New Member Introductions

Old 09-30-2020, 12:14 PM

Hello All

Recently while on vacation I purchased a 2000 Boxster S (VIN WP0CB2980YU661124) on a whim as a present for my wife for her 50th. My dad had a 911 and a 914-6 (and a '74 Dino 246GT) when I was a kid in the 70's, but this is my first Porsche and having always been a muscle car guy, I don't know much at all about Porsches. This one has had the IMS repair and upgrade, and it is Speed Yellow with a gray vinyl shrink wrap over it. I want to take it off but wifey likes it

The car is great but it has some issues that need to be addressed; the top doesn't always go up and down (e-brake light issue), the driver side rear view mirror falls off, (but sticks right back on), and the parking lights sometimes start flashing for no apparent reason when it's parked. I'm also missing the owner's manual, which I really wish I had, I don't even know how to access the engine!

We drove the car from Bozeman, MT to New Orleans with no issues at all, it was quiet and comfortable and got 25mpg. As you can imagine, the MT, WY, CO parts of the trip were really fun.

Looking forward to asking y'all all of my dumb questions!

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boxster Rear Quarter.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1556  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2020, 02:58 AM

Howdy! That sounds like a fun ride for you. Good luck with the mod projects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement