Rear Spoiler? - Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum
BoxsterForums.com now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Porsche Boxster Porsche Boxster

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum > Porsche Boxster Discussion > Technical Help

Old 09-30-2020, 01:39 PM

Rear Spoiler?

Hello All,

I've just purchased my first Porsche (2000 Boxster S) and unfortunately it did not come with an owner's manual and I don't know much about this car. I see other ones with a spoiler/fin coming up from just behind the trunk, does my car have that feature? If so, any ideas why it never comes up?

Thanks,

Last edited by Mownhoj; 10-09-2020 at 11:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2020, 07:14 PM

Depending on what year Boxster you have, to raise it manually there will either be a button in the center console down by the shifter or it will be in the fuse panel in the foot well. If it is working correctly it will automatically go up when you get to about 75mph and go back down when you slow to about 35mph.
Previous Car: 2000 MR2 Spyder, TRD suspension, f/r sway bars, mid-brace, 4 point roll bar, CAI, cat back exhaust, short shifter, stainless steel brakelines, postert rear spoiler

Last edited by cmcchesney; 10-08-2020 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mownhoj View Post
Hello All,

I've just purchased my first Porsche and unfortunately it did not come with an owner's manual and I don't know much about this car. I see other ones with a spoiler/fin coming up from just behind the trunk, does my car have that feature? If so, any ideas why it never comes up?

Thanks,
There is a toggle button to the left of your left leg just above the floor when sitting in the driver's seat. on the kick panel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2020, 11:09 AM

It's a 2000, I found the switch and it does go up and down using the switch, but slowly, seems like maybe it needs to be lubricated? It does not go up and down automatically though
Old 10-09-2020, 02:29 PM
Porsche Club Member

Owners Manual

For future reference, most owner's manuals are available in PDF form on the internet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement