Convertible top closing sequence - Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum
BoxsterForums.com now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Porsche Boxster Porsche Boxster

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Porsche Boxster Forums: Porsche Boxster Forum > Porsche Boxster Discussion > Technical Help

Old 10-08-2020, 08:14 PM

Convertible top closing sequence

Hello! I have a 2009 Boxster S. I brought the vehicle in to a shop to fix the top’s cables and gears. They did, but when I got the car back the closing sequence had changed. When closing it prior, the engine compartment service lid would close entirely and lay flush with the rear deck. Than I’d finish the operation by closing the latch inside the car. Now the compartment lid stops about 6 inches above the deck and only goes down after I operate the latch. They were unable to fix it. They brought it to Michael Stead Porsche in Walnut Creek CA who looked at it and said that that is normal operation. I’m very doubtful of that as every video I find shows the closing sequence as described at the top of this note. (And I’m pretty sure that that that is how it operated before I brought it in for repair). Are there two legit closing sequences for this vehicle? Can anyone shed any light? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement